Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Fall is here ...










The past couple of weeks have again been eventful here in the Green Family. The whole family has been inflicted with a horrible stomach flu at one time or another. It started with poor Matthew throwing up in the middle of the night, then Ryan later that same night .... causing Susan to have to miss two days of school to take care of them. When it appeared we were out of the woods Susan was struck down the next day, causing her to miss day three. Leaving just healthy old me as the last man standing ........................... one day later I was hit. Four family members sick inside a three day window. It was brutal. All in all, last week was a complete blur and one we are thankful to leave behind in the record books.

However, last weekend we were lucky enough to receive a visit from Susan's sister Jill and her two BEAUTIFUL daughters, Katie and Maddie (I'm biased ... ). We went on a train ride in a little town next to us, Lebanon, Ohio. The Pumpkin Patch Express took us to a farm where there were many fun activities to do. There were farm animals, a food stand with hot cider and cookies, a corn maze, and an intriguing barnyard cat (see photo) which seemed to steal the show. At the end of the visit everybody was given a pumpkin to take with them, we boarded the train and headed back to the station. We've done this trip before and we always have a wonderful time.














It was a gorgeous day and we were all so happy to see Jill and the girls. We wish they lived closer so that we could see them more often. Too much time passes between visits. Jill, it's time to move back.











The trees are beginning to change their color and rain now comes with more frequency and seems to stick around longer, which, I might add, is not conducive for good homebuilding. Ryan and I have been rained out twice for a pumpkin patch field trip with his preschool. However, he and I will attend a fun pumpkin carving night on Thursday at his school for fathers and their children. I really look forward to doing that with him. His good friend Olivia across the street also goes to his school. Hopefully she and her father will join us (Dan, are you reading this?). The thought of Dan carving a pumpkin cracks me up for some reason.

Next week is Halloween so I'm sure we'll have some fun pics for my next post.

I hope that everyone is well and we hope to hear from you soon. Amy, I know you're alone this week, with Pete in Boston. Hopefully you are doing ok. Wish you were closer for me to keep an eye on you.

Colts vs. Pats in 2 weeks. I can't wait !!!! (Thanks mom and Jim!)

Have a good rest of the week.

Doug and the Mad Bunch

1 comment:

pete/amy/liam said...

I love all the new pics. Especially, the last one of Ryan. Gosh - he is so grown up. I miss him a lot...and, of course, Matthew.

We are doing fine. It's just quiet and lonely when Pete is gone. I wish you were closer too so then we could hang out when Pete was away.

It has finally cooled off here so we're taking ultra-long walks. Sometimes twice a day because it's so beautiful out. The fresh air is good for us all.

Liam sends his love...
Amy